1. WLKZ Contests are open to WLKZ listeners residing in New Hampshire.
2. Employees, agents, successors, interns, and assignees of Great Eastern Radio, its advertisers, advertising agencies, or promotional partners are ineligible to win WLKZ Contests. Employees of any radio station in the Concord or Lakes Region Area as designated by Arbitron are also ineligible to win WLKZ Contests.
3. By calling the WLKZ Request Line (1-877-554-4295) at any time, you acknowledge that your call and/or voice may be used on the air.
4. Names and likenesses of WLKZ Contest Winners may also be used by WLKZ and WLKZ designees for promotional purposes without further compensation to the winner.
5. All claims are subject to verification by WLKZ, whose decision is final.
6. WLKZ contests are void where prohibited.
7. No purchase necessary.
8. All federal, state, and local laws apply.
9. Prizes must be picked up at the WLKZ Studios, unless otherwise stated, within 30 days of winning the prize. Prizes not picked up within 30 days will be forfeited. Proof of identity must be presented when picking up a prize.
10. All prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash and/or any other prize.
11. WLKZ reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
12. WLKZ reserves the right to change contest rules and/or dates at any time without additional notice.
13. WLKZ is considered the "Judge." Judges decisions are final.
14. All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any single prize or total prizes won during one calendar year totaling a value of $600 or more are required, by law, to fill out a W9 tax form.
15. Some WLKZ contests may run in conjunction with other Great Eastern Radio owned and/or operated stations.
16. WLKZ Contest information, rules, and results are available for inspection at the WLKZ business offices Monday - Friday 9 AM - 5 PM, or by sending a self-addressed envelope to WLKZ Contests, 501 South St., Bow, NH 03304
17. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) telecommunication, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of any kind, for inaccurate transcription of entry information, for any human error, or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed by computer transmissions, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, lost, late, or damaged, and all such entries are void; and (b) your inability to access the registration site, or any other error or malfunction that may occur, including any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in Sweepstakes, contests, and promotions. By participating in Sweepstakes, contests, or promotions, you agree to these official rules and the decisions of all parties involved. Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in disqualification from Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to permanently disqualify from any sweepstakes promotion it sponsors any person it believes has intentionally violated these rules. In the event the Sweepstakes, contest, or promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, that is beyond the control of the station(s) and/or sponsor, the station(s) and/or sponsor reserves the right to withdraw the transmission of Sweepstakes, contest, or promotion, and to select a winner from among all eligible entries received up to the date of withdrawal.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES FOR WLKZ, operated by Great Eastern Radio
(hereinafter referred to as “Station”)
$500 Sports & Marine Parafunalia Gift Card
- The Station, operated by Great Eastern Radio, is promoting a contest beginning July 8th, 2013 and ending on July 26th, 2013. Station may terminate contest at any time or change dates and locations in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Listeners can qualify once on the Station. Listeners participating in the contest via the internet stream will be at a disadvantage over FM listeners due to there being a delay of audio on the stream. Listeners may enter the contest by listening to the Station and being the correct caller when the cue to call is played. Other qualifying methods may be employed via online means, at live broadcasts of the stations, or by other means at the stations discretion. The qualifying cue to call will be when the Station plays the designated “Parafunalia Sounder” between the specified hours of 10a – 5p Monday through Friday. Grand Prize drawing will be on Friday 7/26/2013. Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected from all qualifiers.
- The prizes to be awarded is as follows:
- Grand Prize – One $500 Gift Card to Sports & Marine Parafunalia.
- Station will generate a pool of qualifiers for the prize over the contest period. Qualifiers for the prize will be combined into a pool from which ONE Winner will be drawn to receive the grand prize. Listeners may only qualify once.
- The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash or exchange. The prize MUST be taken as presented.
How to Qualify
- No purchase is necessary.
- Qualifiers must be 18 years of age or older to participate.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of qualified entries.
- Contest is open to all U.S. residents. All employees, agents, successors, interns, and assignees of Great Eastern Radio, employees of other radio or television stations and members of their immediate families are ineligible. The term "immediate family" includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as "in-laws", or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents.
- The phone number to call in to when you hear the Cue-to-Call is 1-855-888-4295. All calls to any other Station phone number(s) will not be accepted.
f. Only one winner per prize. No "duos," groups, or teams will be allowed to enter together. Any ties, disputes, conflicts, questions, or concerns, regarding the Contest and/or the prize(s), will be handled by Great Eastern Radio whose decision(s) are final and indisputable.
g. Participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the "Caller ID" block function may not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number. Stations disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond Station's control, or otherwise. Station disclaims all liability for any delays, mis-delivery, loss or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Stations is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the contest, and any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in this contest. Great Eastern Radio stations are not responsible for broken telephone connections, busy signals, mis-dials or lost phone calls.
- In event two individuals with the same name call in, only the individual who is verified by a home address that identically matches the information on the randomly drawn entry, shall be declared a winner.
Acceptance and Delivery of Prize
- All prizes must be accepted as awarded. All prize(s) are non-transferable. Inability to accept or deliver prize(s) will result in forfeiture. Great Eastern Radio retains the right to substitute prize(s) with other prize(s) of equal or greater value in the event the original prize(s) offered is not available for reasons beyond the reasonable control of Great Eastern Radio . Any valuation of the prize(s) awarded is based on available information provided to Stations, and the value of any prize (as determine by Stations in its sole discretion) awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law.
- It is anticipated that qualifiers should have possession of the their qualifying prize within 80 days of winning, however, Great Eastern Radio makes no guaranty as to the actual delivery date.
- All Contest(s)/Prize(s) subject to Federal, State, and local regulations and laws and are void where restricted or prohibited by law.
d. If prize(s) includes travel, lodging, entertainment, special event, or an automobile, the winner(s) is responsible for all taxes, expenses, tags, title, licensing and registration fees and gratuities not expressly included in and as part of the prize(s). Winners agree to all blackout periods, space availability requirements, etc., as stated by the Stations and Contest prize partner(s), which shall include hotels, airlines, train travel, ship/boat travel, etc. Winner(s) agree that acceptance of any trip as a prize(s) from Stations does so entirely upon their own initiative, risk, and responsibility.
e. Winner(s) must use their true, legal, name when playing contests or claiming prize(s) and may not win any contest under an assumed name. Winner(s) will be disqualified and prize(s) forfeited if they are found playing under an assumed name or alias.
Conditions of Winning
- Any person winning over $600 in prizes from Stations will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable Federal, Sate, Local and other taxes. Each winner must provide Stations with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Failure to timely provide such information and/or any other reasonably required documentation, including, without limitation, a release and affidavit of eligibility, may result in delay in receiving prizes or the forfeiture thereof. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant Great Eastern Radio the permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likeness in connection with the promotion (via print, broadcast or other forms of media) of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, compensation or remuneration for such use. By calling the contest lines, voices and names may be recorded and used for promotional or broadcast purposes.
- All winners must sign a release agreement to accept prize.
Contest participants and winners, on their own behalf and on behalf of their heirs, successors, representatives and/or assigns, hereby fully and forever remises, releases and discharges Great Eastern Radio and each and all of its subsidiary and affiliated corporations, companies and divisions, its predecessors, successors and assigns, and its respective directors, stockholders, officers, employees and agents, of and from any and all claims, demands, agreements, contracts, covenants, actions, suits, causes of action, obligations, controversies, debts, costs, expenses, accounts, damages, judgments, losses and liabilities, of whatsoever kind or nature, in law, equity or otherwise, whether known or unknown, whether or not concealed or hidden, which against it or any of it, they have had, may have had or now have, or which any of their heirs, representatives and assigns hereafter can, shall or may have for or by reason of any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not in any respect limiting the generality of the foregoing, any and all claims which or might have asserted relating to this contest.
All participants and winners indemnify and hold forever harmless Stations, and Great Eastern Radio and their agencies, their agents, officers, employees, affiliates, and assigns, for any injuries, accidents, misfortunes, losses, damages, or causes of action, arising from or in connection with participation in the Contest and/or acceptance or use of any prize(s).
No Warranties Provided
Great Eastern Radio and Stations do not warrant any of the products, materials or services that a winner receives. The materials, services or products that a winner receives are provided “as is.” There may be warranties provided by the manufacturer of the product, material or service, for which Great Eastern Radio has no responsibility or duty to perform.
a. Great Eastern Radio reserves the right to change contest rules and/or dates at any time without additional notice.
b. Great Eastern Radio reserves the right to add or subtract additional station or stations to this contest at any time.
c. Great Eastern Radio is considered the “judge.” Judge’s decisions are final.
d. Great Eastern Radio reserves the right to end and or modify contest at any time without additional notice or further compensation required